Gymnastics / Dance Club
Dance Club takes place each Wednesday in the school hall and finishes at 4.15pm. Please see Mrs Glover or Mrs Walmsley for more information.
We are very pleased to inform you that, during the Autumn Term, we will be able to offer ‘Forest School’ sessions to our KS1 children. As a nearly qualified Forest School leader, Miss Fawcett will be running the sessions. Our Forest School will take place on Monday afternoons from 3.15pm to 4pm, starting on Monday 18th September and running until Monday 23rd October.
Football Club takes place each Tuesday and finishes at 4.15pm. Please see Mrs Glover or Mrs Walmsley for more information.
Cockburn Haigh Road Wrap Around Care
- The breakfast club provision is open to children attending Cockburn Haigh Road Academy from 7.45am Monday to Friday term time only.
- Children attending the breakfast club will be taken to their classrooms for the start of the school day.
The breakfast club provision will provide a balanced breakfast. The after school provision will provide a balanced snack but this is not a substitute for an evening meal.
Breakfast Club Drop Off
- Drop off must not be any earlier than 7.45am.
- Your child should be signed into the breakfast club by a member of staff on duty (please do not allow them to walk in on their own).
- A register will also be taken every morning.
After School club
- The after school care is open to children attending Cockburn Haigh Road Academy and Rothwell Victoria Junior School. The provision operates from 3.10pm to 6.00pm Monday to Friday term time only for KS1 and KS2 children. The provision will close at 5.30pm for EYFS children.
- Children will come to after school care at the end of their school day. Children who attend Rothwell Victoria School will be collected via the walking school bus at the end of their school day. A register will be taken on arrival at Rothwell Victoria and then taken again at Cockburn Haigh Road.
- Children should be collected via the main school entrance no later than 6.00pm. Persistent late pick up will be charged for at £10 per hour (or part hour) and may result in the place being withdrawn. If you need to get in touch regarding any before/after school issues (collections etc.), please contact the school office during school hours on 0113 5128746.
- Children should not bring their own toys, games or any other items of value onto the school site.
To secure a place in before or after school care (BASC)
- Bookings must be made in advance via the school office 0113 5128746 or by emailing email@example.com
- A registration form must be completed; children will not be accepted without this document.
- Four weeks’ notice is required to end provision for your child(ren). This must be given by notifying the school office in writing.